Saturday, July 30, 2011

Anniversaries

 This card  is for my cousins 50th today!!   I used white card stock for the base, and dabbed Memento Desert Sand over Spellbinders Flourish Impressabilties for the background.  Because it's their 50th (gold), I  tore a page from DCWV Natural pad for the roses, rather than heat embossing stamped images.  The butterflies are cut using SU butterfly die.  I heat embossed the sentiment using SUchocolate and SUclear embossing powder.  The embellies are from my stash:)
This was for my in-laws 61st anniversary!  Isn't that wild--60+years:)  They are such a cute couple and still so much in love with each other, the heart just had to be there.  I used beige cardstock for the card base, three coordinating papers from Basic Grey's Cappella pad.  I heat embossed the heart (from my stash) and the sentiment with SUgold embossing powder.  The pearls are again 'from my stash'.

 Even though I consider them CAS, I think they look very 'classy'.   I found two great verses on the web that I glued inside each one with added embellies but forgot to take a photo.

2 comments:

  1. These are both GREAT! Love that you know not one but TWO sets of people who have loved living life together for such a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete